REGISTRATION ADVISORY: Please read through the complete program description before registering. This program includes a wine tasting kit as part of its ticket price that must be picked up from a local Washington, DC wine bar.
STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
The time from Thanksgiving to Hannukah to Christmas is meant to be filled with friends, family, cheer, and great meals. So why stress over the right wines to pair with the season’s traditional foods? Join award-winning sommelier Erik Segelbaum for a guided at-home tasting of the perfect wines to accompany your holiday menus. He explores next-level food and wine duets( that you can also use all year round), do’s and don'ts, and other tips and tricks that will have you pairing like a pro. So put the turkey in the oven and pour a nice glass of wine (or several) as you unlock the ultimate sommelier's secrets to the holidays.
Wine Tasting Kit
- The cost includes a curated personal tasting kit with enough wine for one person to sample the full lineup of wines.
- Please note the tasting kit includes wine only; food pairings are discussed but not provided.
- Additional participants must register individually to receive their own tasting kit, which is an essential component of the workshop.
- Kits are available for pick-up on Thursday, November 19, 1–5 p.m., and Friday, November 20, 1–5 p.m., at Maxwell Park wine bar in the Navy Yard neighborhood (1346 4th St. SE; Metro: Navy Yard-Ballpark, Green Line).
- Pick-ups are contactless, with all appropriate health, safety, and social distancing precautions. Due to state and federal laws, wine kits may not be shipped.
- NOTE: Patrons will receive additional wine tasting kit pick-up information by email prior to the program.
About Erik Segelbaum
Erik Segelbaum is a Wine Enthusiast 40 Under 40 Tastemaker for 2020 and Food & Wine magazine’s 2019 Sommelier of the Year. He holds the designation of Advanced Sommelier through the Court of Master Sommeliers, one of fewer than 600 specialists in the world who hold this level of certification. Segelbaum is the former corporate wine and beverage director for Starr Restaurants, a wine journalist and educator, and chief vinnovation officer of SOMLYAY hospitality and private events consultancy.
- UPDATED: Sales will cut off for this program by Friday, November 20 at 9:00 a.m. ET.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.