NOTE: Registration will close for this program at 3 p.m. ET on Friday, January 20, 2023.
Learn to create your own hand-crafted jewelry. Cover the basics of bead stringing, wire-working, and pearl knotting, along with the names and uses for common hand tools, wire, stringing materials, and findings.
In this class, students make up to two necklaces, two to three pairs of earrings, and one single-strand necklace or bracelet using the pearl-knotting technique. Intermediate techniques are also discussed. This class is perfect for the student new to jewelry making, or those with experience who want to refresh their skills.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Mïa Vollkommer.
- 3 sessions, 3 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- All Studio Arts classes require a ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student listed on the roster.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for online programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our online programs presented on Zoom.