Charcoal is a dry drawing medium made of carbon that is used for sketches, finished drawings, and under-drawings for paintings. Learn about different forms of charcoal as well as a variety of styes and techniques—including pressure, twisting, blending, and smudging—by doing exercises in class. Then create a more finished project of choice: portrait, landscape, or still life.
Special Program Information
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction online.
- All Studio Arts programs require an online ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student registered for the online program.
- This program will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- Please refer to the "Materials for this program" section for any applicable supply list information and/or special documents for this program.
- View Common FAQs and Policies about our Online Programs on Zoom.