Save up to 11% on the price of your tickets!
It's easy... Become a member today! If you are already a member, log in to get your member rate.
Collage and Mixed-Media Intensive
3-Session Daytime Workshop
Friday, October 30 to November 13, 2020 – 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. ET
$185 - Non-Member
STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- For multiple registrations, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses.
Whimsical or serious, personal or universal, collage is a highly versatile and accessible art technique that results in the playful combination of different and sometimes-unlikely materials. Collage evolved into assemblage through the integration of found objects and a broad range of unusual materials.
In this workshop, students are introduced to the materials, tools, and techniques used in collage and assemblage. They find inspiration in artists who worked in collage including Joseph Cornell, Romare Bearden, and Gertrude Green, whose works are held in Smithsonian collections. Students express their observations by developing their own collage, mixed-media or assemblage projects.
Structured for both the non-artist and professional, this class focuses on the variety of choices in this medium. Whether constructing a piece of personal history through use of mementos or an abstract work, students learn through experimentation with color, form, and design. They explore the use of text, images, texture, and natural and found objects as they create.
Download the supply list for this class
- The instructor is Marcie Wolf-Hubbard.
- 3 sessions, 3 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
UPDATED PATRON INFORMATION
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.