This program is sold out.
Beautiful Landscapes in Watercolor and Ink
6-Session Evening Course
Tuesday, July 7 to August 11, 2020 – 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. ET
STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- For multiple registrations, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses.
Develop your technical skills in painting landscapes that vividly capture the atmosphere of a scene. Learn to control the watercolor medium while exploring spontaneity, as well to create flowing, vibrant color mixtures to balance simple and complex areas in the composition.
The class focuses on rendering the elements of skies, trees, clouds, mountains and water. It also introduces techniques to build complex foliage with negative painting and to create layers of depth, texture, and light in backgrounds.
Download the supply list for this class
- The instructor is Lubna Zahid.
- 6 sessions, 3 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- Once registered, patrons will receive two emails: one is an automatic email confirmation and the second will include a link to the Zoom meeting as a follow-up (usually given within 24 hours of registration).
- NOTE: If you do not receive your follow-up email from Zoom, please email Customer Service for assistance.
GETTING STARTED WITH ZOOM
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.