Seed Saving 101
Thursday, October 15, 2020 - 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. ET
STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- For multiple registrations, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses.
Don’t throw away those seeds! After a successful season of vegetable gardening, you can grow the same great produce year after year by saving and preserving the seeds. University of Maryland Community Learning Garden directors Meredith Epstein and Meg Smolinski discuss techniques to set yourself up for success, from saving the easiest of seeds like marigolds and beans to harvesting heirloom tomato seeds. Learn what to look for in a good seed, how long they stay viable, and other helpful tips.
A suggested supply list is shared with program participants.
UPDATED PATRON INFORMATION
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.