Embark on a maker’s journey as you create a fiber art labyrinth modeled after an ancient convoluted circular path. Explore a selection of materials, create a reusable pattern, practice handwork techniques for couching and quilting, and learn finishing and installation techniques.
Working on this project is itself a contemplative journey. The finished product can be a hand “walk” for someone unable to visit an actual labyrinth. It is also a beautiful enhancement to personal sacred space.
In the first class, a special guest filmmaker Cintia Cabib, talks about her film Labyrinth Journeys, which features actual labyrinths to visit in the Washington, D.C., area.
- The instructor is Lauren Kingsland.
- 3 sessions, 1.5 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.