Knitting Mittens and Gloves
3-Session Daytime Course
Friday, February 5 to 19, 2021 – 12:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. ET
STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
Learn the skills you need to make mittens and gloves, to keep the winter’s cold at bay. Knitters learn knitting in the round; increases; using markers, such as holders and counters; and how to knit thumbs and fingers. Students make a small mitten for a child or as a decoration. Basic knitting skills are necessary, including casting on, creating the knit stitch and purl stitch, and binding off.
Download the supply list for this class
- The instructor is Ann Richards.
- 3 sessions, 2.5 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
UPDATED PATRON INFORMATION
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.