Have you marveled at beautiful hand-knit garments, wishing that you could create one? Working with just a few techniques you, too, can knit a scarf for yourself or to give as a holiday gift. Learn the fundamentals of knitting, including casting on, basic knit and purl stitches, increasing, decreasing, and binding off. Learn by practice and knit a scarf during and between classes.
This class will have the following schedule:
- November 1 and 15 sessions are in person at the Ripley Center.
- November 8 session will be online via Zoom, with check-in from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
No previous knitting experience is required.
Note: In-person programs are not recorded.
- The instructor is Ann Richards.
- 3 sessions, 2.5 hours each
- This studio arts program is in-person. CDC and Smithsonian COVID-19 guidelines in effect at the time of the program will be followed.