This program is over.
Hope you didn't miss it! Browse other programs we offer.
Going 3D: Exploring Alternative Surfaces and Forms
3-Session Daytime Course on Zoom
Friday, April 16 to 30, 2021 – 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET
Take your mixed media projects to the next dimension by creating on wood panels and boxes. Enshrine personal mementos, objects, photos and other materials in a three--dimensional format that can stand alone or be wall-mounted. Work primarily with wood as you explore materials to embellish collage and create more tactile and engaging works. In addition to using papers, paint, metal fixtures, watch parts, charms, wire, beads, and found objects, students consider adding doors, lighting, and other features for more dimension and interest.
- The instructor is Sharon Robinson.
- 3 sessions, 2.5 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.