With limited time and money, artists and other small business owners need an effective content strategy that makes posting quick, easy, and impactful. Learn to use every aspect of the Instagram app (reels, stories, IGTV, posts), optimize your profile, establish your brand, and create fun and engaging posts designed to retain and grow your following. The Canva platform and the Lifelapse (stop motion) apps are used as tools in this class for beginning to intermediate Instagram users who have fewer than 500 followers.
Students are required to have a smartphone or tablet with which to post and have the Canva and Lifelapse apps downloaded prior to the first class (each comes with a 30-day free trial).
- The instructor is Sandra Cerna.
- 4 sessions, 1.5 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.