By Ali Hansen and Carol Myers
NOTE: Registration will close for this program at 3 p.m. ET on Friday, October 29, 2021.
Some book forms also make whimsical toys! Construct a Halloween Jacob’s Ladder (with box), smash books that become stars or caterpillars, miniature button books, and more. Explore surface-design techniques using gel printing with alcohol ink, and learn about various kinds of paper including synthetic Yupo and fiber-based handmade papers.
Students are required to purchase a kit from the Kalamazoo Book Arts Center Kits ($15 plus shipping), which includes instructions and most materials. Please see the supply list for ordering information and additional materials needed. When ordering, allow enough time to ensure that supplies arrive prior to the start of class.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Ali Hansen and Carol Myers.
- 2 sessions, 2 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.