NOTE: Registration will close for this program at 3 p.m. ET on Friday, September 10, 2021.
Bead weaving offers an endless possibility of stitches, designs, and color combinations to explore and create. Learn two bead weaving methods—with and without a loom—as well as two different stitch patterns with a myriad of design possibilities. The class focuses on how to start and finish wearable pieces, create patterns, and choose bead colors and finishes. A short in-class presentation surveys past and present bead weaving techniques used by various cultures.
Please note: The supply list offers advice and identifies equipment designed to make bead weaving an enjoyable and welcome addition to your jewelry making skills.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Mïa Vollkommer.
- 3 sessions, 3 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.