This program is over.
Hope you didn't miss it! Browse other programs we offer.
The Ancient Art of Henna Tattoos
Studio Arts Workshop
Sunday, November 22, 2020 – 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET
STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
Henna tattoos reflect an ancient and beautiful practice of body art. Explore the form’s history as you learn to apply simple traditional Indian henna designs. Participants also receive instruction in making henna paste from scratch, rolling a cone applicator, the science behind getting a perfect stain, and how to create their own stunning designs from traditional motifs. All levels welcome.
Download the supply list for this class
- The instructor is Sharmila Karamchandani.
- One 3-hour session
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
UPDATED PATRON INFORMATION
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.