Create two finished accordion books that can be used as blank canvasses for drawings, mixed media work, collage, or as a model for a more complex, printed-book edition. They are ideal for displaying artworks, whether they’re held like a book, or placed on a table or shelf to display all the pages at once. Students focus on finishing two different forms: a traditional accordion book with a hinged cover and a simple folded version. Other structures may be explored as time allows. The workshop focuses on the construction of the books, so all materials should be cut to size before class.
Special Program Information
- The instructor is Katie Platte.
- This program includes one 2-hour session.
- NOTE: Registration will close for this program at 3 p.m. ET on Friday, February 24, 2023.
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction online.
- All Studio Arts programs require an online ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student registered for the online program.
- This program will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- Please refer to the "Materials for this program" section for any applicable supply list information and/or special documents for this program.
- View Common FAQs and Policies about our Online Programs on Zoom.