Sailor Lake. Sabrina Basin, High Sierra, California
One of the world’s most striking natural wonders, Yosemite National Park is much more than “the valley.” Keith Tomlinson, an interpretive naturalist and popular tour leader, examines the area’s glacial history, plant life, emerging climate issues, and distinctive topography.
His virtual journey surveys the often-overlooked high country of Tuolumne Meadows and the Cathedral Range, the site of several of the park’s most dramatic and accessible alpine summits. He also traces the remarkable evolution of big-wall climbing at Yosemite and several of the colorful characters it attracted over the past 80 years.
Beyond the park’s boundaries, get an insider’s view of the contiguous national forests and advice on the best campsites, fishing spots, and hiking trails, and conclude with a look at several of the great summits in the Range of Light along California’s mighty High Sierra.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.