Wrap, weave, hammer, and bend your way to a new set of wire-working skills. Learn how to create custom findings such as ear-wires and clasps, no-solder chain, and designs for earrings and pendants using wire-wrapped DIY frames. Students are introduced to a variety of step-above-basic wire-working tools, as well as various household items that can be used to shape wire-based projects.
Some previous wirework experience (such as completion of the Introduction to Beading course or similar workshops) is recommended and students should know how to make open and closed loops using basic jewelry-making hand tools. A wire kit ($65 plus shipping) is available for purchase from the instructor’s website.
Special Program Information
- The instructor is Mïa Vollkommer.
- This program includes 3 sessions, 3 hours each.
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction online.
- All Studio Arts programs require an online ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student registered for the online program.
- This program will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- Please refer to the "Materials for this program" section for any applicable supply list information and/or special documents for this program.
- View Common FAQs and Policies about our Online Programs on Zoom.