Wrap, weave, hammer, and bend your way to a new set of wire-working skills. Learn how to create custom findings, such as ear-wires and clasps; no-solder chain; and designs for earrings and pendants using wire-wrapped DIY frames. Students are introduced to a variety of step-above-basic wire-working tools, as well as various household items that can be used to shape wire-based projects.
Some previous wirework experience (such as completion of the Introduction to Beading course or similar workshops) is recommended and students should know how to make open and closed loops using basic jewelry-making hand tools. A wire kit ($65 plus shipping) is available for purchase from the instructor’s website.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Mïa Vollkommer.
- 3 sessions, 3 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- All Studio Arts classes require a ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student listed on the roster.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for online programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our online programs presented on Zoom.