This program is over.
Hope you didn't miss it! Use the links in the left-hand column to find upcoming programs.
Though many associate the Victorian era with prudishness, Victorians knew how to throw a party. Celebrate the arrival of summer in the true spirit of the Victorian era by attending a charming garden party in one of Washington's great gardens: the Enid A. Haupt Garden adjacent to the Smithsonian Castle. Stroll past the grand magnolia trees and manicured Victorian parterre. With a refreshing herb-infused cocktail in hand, learn from Smithsonian Gardens' curators and educators how to incorporate elements of Victorian tradition into your garden. Rediscover the Victorian tradition of expressing feelings through the language of flowers and create your own bouquet. Admire reproductions of the Historic Gardens Postcard Collection and create a keepsake invitation of your evening in the garden.
• Will-call tickets are available at the Jefferson Dr. SW entrance to the Enid A. Haupt Garden
• Ticket sales begin (limited number if event is not sold out)
• Doors Open
• Create a small floral arrangement inspired from the Smithsonian gardens
• Design a parterre inspired by the one in the Haupt Garden
• Chat with American History Museum's Chef Bednar about using herbs and garden flavors fresh from the museum's Victory Garden
• Create a garden postcard invitation inspired by the Smithsonian Gardens' historic postcard collection
• Mingle with Smithsonian Gardens curators and educators
• Cash bar featuring Heineken products and specialty cocktail
• Light garden-themed hors d'oeuvres
Featured Exhibition: Enid A. Haupt Garden
The Enid A. Haupt Garden is a public garden in the Smithsonian complex in Washington, D.C. Covering over four acres, it is situated between the Smithsonian Castle and Independence Avenue and has provided a welcomed respite for Smithsonian visitors and residents of Washington since it opened in 1987 as part of the redesigned Castle quadrangle.
Read More About this exhibit and the collections featured in this event
- One drink ticket included with admission.
- Additional drink tickets may be purchased with either cash or credit card.
- Must be at least 21 with a valid photo ID to attend.
- All ticket sales are final.
- This is not a seated event.
- The raindate for this event is Wed., June 15.
- Ticket pricing at the door (if available): Resident Members $40; Gen. Admission $50
To view past and current Mingle at the Museum events, click here.
Enid A. Haupt Garden at Smithsonian Castle
1000 Jefferson Dr SW, Washington, DC
Metro: Smithsonian (Blue & Orange Lines)