Students learn how to paint expressive portraits as they improve their observational skills and ability to see angles and shapes, and their understanding of color and value. The class emphasizes how to define a subject’s unique features by determining shapes of light and shadow. Students may work from a bust or statue, or copy a painting or photographic source. All levels of experience are welcome.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Eric Westbrook.
- 8 sessions, 2.5 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.