This Overnight Tour is currently filled, but please call us to get on the Wait List at 202-633-3030.
The Philadelphia Flower Show: A Preview of Spring
Depart: Sunday, March 1, 2020 - 10:00 a.m.
Return: Monday, March 2, 2020 - 8:00 p.m.
Double Room Non-Member
Single Room Non-Member
There’s no better way to sweep away winter than with an overnight escape to the horticultural paradise that’s the Philadelphia Flower Show. And with a theme of “Riviera Holiday,” the 2020 edition of the famed show is sure to provide plenty of color and Gallic extravagance.
After a relaxed mid-morning Sunday departure, arrive in Philadelphia for an afternoon that offers an overview of the city (literally) from the spectacular One Liberty Observation Deck, and a special private illustrated program at your hotel that provides a history and preview of the Flower Show. Dinner is at the festive Victor Café, featuring classic Italian cuisine and performances of operatic favorites by the talented servers.
There’s no need to fight the crowds (or time) on your Monday visit to the Philadelphia Flower Show: Spend 2 hours taking in the blooms before the show opens to the public, then enjoy a full day to explore the delights of the world’s largest annual floral exhibition.
Escape to Saint-Tropez with an indulgent Mediterranean-inspired Blooming Brunch in a breathtaking garden setting. Step into the Designer’s Studio and Gardener’s Studio, which feature top flower designers in competitions and lively how-to gardening demos; explore the wide variety of plants, flowers, and gifts at the Marketplace; enjoy complimentary wine and spirits tastings in the Grand Hall; and celebrate the beauty of container-grown plants in the PHS Hamilton Horticourt.
Before heading home, pick up dinner at the Reading Terminal Market, a Philadelphia staple since 1893, housed in a National Historic Landmark building.
The tour’s overnight accommodations also reflect the city’s past: the elegant Kimpton Hotel Monaco in the Old City Historic District began its life in 1907 as an office building on Philadelphia’s Bank Row.
- Cost includes bus transportation, lodging, all activities, and the following meals: one breakfast, two lunches, and Sunday dinner included.
- Overnight accommodations are at the Kimpton Hotel Monaco.
- Tour departs by bus from the Mayflower Hotel, Connecticut Ave. and DeSales St., NW, with a pickup stop at the DoubleTree by Hilton Laurel, 15101 Sweitzer Lane, Laurel, Maryland, at about 10:40 a.m.
- Single-room supplement $90 (factored into the Single Room Member and Single Room Non-Member pricing).
- Singles registering at the double-room rate are paired (on a nonsmoking basis) if possible, but must pay the single-room supplement otherwise.
- Detailed information is mailed to registrants about four weeks prior to departure.
- Registrants may want to consider purchasing trip insurance.
Detailed information for overnight tours
is mailed approximately FOUR WEEKS
prior to departure.