The Inside Stories on New York City's Outer Boroughs: Brooklyn
Morning Virtual Tour
Friday, October 9, 2020 - 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. ET
Clockwise: The Shinto shrine at the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens; Snug Harbor North Gate, Staten Island; New York World's Fair in Flushing Meadows, Queens; The Hudson River viewed from a pergola at Wave Hill
STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- For multiple registrations, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses.
Arts journalist Richard Selden delighted participants during past bus tours to Brooklyn and Staten Island. While the buses are forced to idle in garages, he’s back to present a series of virtual visits to the less-familiar slices of the Big Apple—in their own way as surprising and culturally fulfilling as the famous core.
Selden illuminates what defines the featured borough's character, focusing on key attractions vividly illustrated with photographs. Selden’s entertaining and informative presentations include readings from works of literature, history, and journalism that shed well-deserved light on these vital parts of the city.
The most populous borough, Brooklyn is home to great places to visit, including BAM, Bargemusic, Brooklyn Botanic Garden, Brooklyn Bridge, Brooklyn Heights, Brooklyn Museum, Coney Island, and Prospect Park. And it’s been showing Manhattan a thing or two in the trendiness area.
OTHER NYC BOROUGH PROGRAMS
UPDATED PATRON INFORMATION
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.