Deepak Chopra: Meditation for Today
Tuesday, September 29, 2020 - 6:45 p.m. ET
Deepak Chopra (Photo: Michael-Allen)
STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- For multiple registrations, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses.
How can an ancient practice help us face an uncertain future? Two and a half millennia ago, the Buddha taught that inner peace and freedom could be developed and cultivated through training in the mindfulness, compassion, and insight found in the practice of meditation. And research in neuroscience confirms key understandings of this timeless tradition. Join Deepak Chopra as he draws on his new book Total Meditation: Practices in Living the Awakened Life to examine why meditation can serve as a potentially powerful tool to meet the challenges of the moment.
Chopra, who has been at the forefront of the meditation revolution for the last 30 years, shares how meditation awakens new levels of awareness that can cultivate a clear vision, heal suffering in your mind and body, and help recover who you really are. He leads a short meditation practice to get you started on the path to a centered self meditation practice at the conclusion of the program.
A copy of Total Meditation (Penguin) is included in the ticket price (see Book Distribution Information for added details).
BOOK DISTRIBUTION INFORMATION
The featured book is included with the ticket price. Books will be shipped by a distributor to your home address, so please review the accuracy of your name and address at the time of registration.
If you do not want your personal information shared with the distributor, please email CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org. If you opt out from receiving the book, there will be no reduction in the registration fee.
UPDATED PATRON INFORMATION
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.