Zoom Link Advisory for Ticket Holders: If you have not received your Zoom link already, please contact CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org right away to ensure you can attend tonight's sold out program on Zoom.
Join one of the most famous art detectives in the world to hear tales from a long FBI career solving art crimes. Drawing on the headline-making cases he worked on, Robert Wittman explores notorious art heists and daring recovery operations.
Wittman, founder of the FBI’s National Art Crime Team, served for 20 years as the agency’s art investigative expert. He’s responsible for recovering more than $300 million in stolen art and cultural property around the world—stories recounted in his New York Times best seller Priceless: How I Went Undercover to Rescue the World's Stolen Treasures.
He has plenty to tell: Wittman has extracted $50 million worth of Goya and Brueghel paintings from a Spanish mobster and saved a priceless Rodin. He has rescued Rembrandts, Renoirs, and even the golden armor of an ancient Peruvian warrior king. Join him as he discusses some of his most memorable adventures as well as his greatest challenge: working undercover to track the criminals behind the century’s largest unsolved art crime, the $500-million-dollar theft from the Isabella Gardner Museum in Boston.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.