Collage is an amazingly versatile art form with no limit when it comes to techniques and materials. This beginner-level course is a perfect introduction to collage or a useful source of renewed inspiration to complete previous work. Learn about tools, adhesives, and appropriate bases for supporting a collage. Make different papers using common materials and discover how image transfers and 3D embellishments can be applied. Use magazines, printed materials, found papers, and other materials as the basis for using shape, color, and texture in compositions developed in class exercises.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Sharon Robinson.
- 6 sessions, 2.5 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.