Jen Psaki (Photo: The White House)
White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki knows her way around the West Wing. She served as the White House deputy press secretary and deputy communications director during the Obama administration, became spokesperson for the U.S. State Department, and in 2015 was named White House communications director. Along the way, she has learned the ins and outs of sharing the nation’s chief executive's thoughts and policies. After four years of the Trump administration, when the role of press secretary changed dramatically, Psaki is back in government serving as the chief spokesperson for the president of the United States, reinventing this key position and attempting to restore comity and trust between White House officials, including the president, and the reporters who cover the administration.
In a wide-ranging conversation with author and veteran White House correspondent Ken Walsh, Psaki defines her role as press secretary, describes changes in presidential communication in recent years, and shares her insights into President Joe Biden as a public leader and a private person.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.