From the dazzling array of colors, unique shapes and textures, and rich fragrances of gorgeous floral displays and gardens come feelings of excitement and celebration. The spark of joy that comes while giving or receiving flowers inspires the theme of this year’s Philadelphia Flower Show, The Garden Electric, and is captured by today’s most dynamic designers of floral arrangements, lush gardens, and landscapes for visitors from around the world. Step into that world of natural beauty in a day spent at this beloved show.
Started in 1829 by the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society, the show is both the nation's largest and the world’s longest-running horticultural event, known for featuring stunning displays by premier international floral and landscape designers. In addition to acres of garden displays, the 2023 Philadelphia Flower Show introduces diverse and sustainable plant varieties and garden and design concepts, and features competitions in horticulture and artistic floral arranging, gardening presentations and demonstrations, and special events.
Sara Do-Zhu, horticulturist at Meadowlark Botanical Gardens in Vienna, Virginia, leads the tour. A gourmet box lunch is be provided. Participants purchase their own supper before departure in the evening.
Know Before You Go
- The tour departs by motorcoach from downtown Washington, DC with a designated secondary pick-up outside the city. Content delivered by the study leader on the way to the destination, after the secondary pick-up, is an integral part of the study tour experience. Meeting the group once the tour is en route is discouraged.
- Tour participants meet at and leave by bus from the Mayflower Hotel, Connecticut Ave. and DeSales St., NW, with a stop at the DoubleTree by Hilton Laurel, 15101 Sweitzer Lane at approximately 9:40 a.m.
- Smithsonian is a mask-friendly environment. Masks are strongly recommended to be worn on buses at all times and may also be required at various indoor sites.
- Registration for this tour will end by 2 p.m. ET on Friday, March 3, 2023.
- For additional tour information: