This program is sold out.
The Magic of Light and Shadow in Watercolor
8-Session Daytime Course on Zoom
Tuesday, April 13 to June 1, 2021 - 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET
Say goodbye to flat and boring painting as you learn to create patterns of light and dark in watercolor. The portrayal of light and shadow can be a challenge to painters of all levels. Through demonstrations and hands-on exercises, you’ll gain confidence in creating these contrasting elements which add magic, excitement, and drama to your work. You will also learn how to create a strong focal point, unity, and balance within a painting.
- The instructor is Lubna Zahid.
- 8 sessions, 3 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.