Join curator Elizabeth Lay, a regular lecturer on the topics of fashion, textiles, and American furniture, for an image-rich lunchtime lecture series focusing on decorative arts and design topics.
Past, Present, Future: The Glorious Collection of the Fashion Museum Bath
England’s Fashion Museum Bath holds one of the world’s great collections of historical and contemporary fashionable dress. Founded in 1963 as the Museum of Costume, Bath, a visit has been a highlight and a delight of a trip to the Georgian city for many thousands of people from across the world.
Whether it was the painted-backdrop vitrines in the Panorama Room gallery to must-see exhibitions of recent years, the museum has been at the forefront of the display of historical dress for more than 50 years. The collection numbers some 100,000 objects and includes dress for women, men, and children, glittering treasures from the 17th century up to cutting-edge fashion by today’s designers and makers.
In a special transatlantic conversation, Rosemary Harden, senior curator and Fashion Museum manager, surveys the past, present, and future of the museum, recounting stories and sharing insights about the displays, exhibitions, and objects in the museum’s collection.
Other Sessions in this Series
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for online programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our online programs presented on Zoom.