Have you marveled at beautiful hand-knit garments, wishing that you could create one? This class offers an introduction to the fundamentals of knitting, including casting on, basic knit and purl stitches, increasing, decreasing, and binding off. Students learn by practice and may start a knitting project during class.
Time is devoted to learning basic skills as a group, and students have the option of staying an additional half-hour after class to receive individual advice and instruction. No previous knitting experience is required.
Special Program Information
- The instructor is Ann Richards.
- This program includes 6 sessions, 2 hours each.
- Class will not be held on February 14.
- This studio arts program is in person and will not be recorded.
- Please refer to the "Materials for this program" section for any applicable supply list information and/or special documents for this program.
- Please note our Health and Safety guidance for this in-person program.
- View Common FAQs about our Studio Arts programs.