The elegant script, commonly known as Copperplate, is unmatched in its usefulness for social stationery. The rhythm and grace of the letterform is used on invitations, menus, and place cards, and can take your personal correspondence to a whole new level.
This beautiful script will be explored methodically throughout these class sessions. Starting from the beginning with basic tools and mechanics, students discover what is needed to develop their skills and how to recognize the small details that make this style of writing so appealing. They will also learn to work with color, how to use this hand in different sizes and in various applications—from writing in a simple format to working on a more artistic expression of a text. No prior calligraphy experience is needed.
Special Program Information
- The instructor is Sharmila Karamchandani.
- This program includes 8 sessions, 2.5 hours each.
- Class will not be held on May 27.
- NOTE: Registration will close for this program at 3 p.m. ET on Friday, April 21, 2023.
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction online.
- All Studio Arts programs require an online ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student registered for the online program.
- This program will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- Please refer to the "Materials for this program" section for any applicable supply list information and/or special documents for this program.
- View Common FAQs and Policies about our Online Programs on Zoom.