NOTE: Registration will close for this program at 3 p.m. ET on Friday, October 15, 2021.
The elegant script, commonly known as Copperplate, is unmatched in its usefulness for social stationery. The rhythm and grace of the letterform is used on invitations, menus, and place cards, and can take your personal correspondence to a whole new level.
This beautiful script will be explored methodically throughout these class sessions. Starting from the beginning with basic tools and mechanics, we will discover what is needed to develop your skills and how to recognize the small details that make this style of writing so appealing. We will also learn to work with color, how to use this hand in different sizes and in various applications – from writing in a simple format to working on a more artistic expression of a text. No prior calligraphy experience is needed.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Sharmila Karamchandani.
- 8 sessions, 2.5 hours each (no class Nov. 27)
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.