This program is sold out.
Introduction to Lightroom
2-Session Weekend Workshop
Saturday, July 25 and Sunday, July 26, 2020 – 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. ET
STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- For multiple registrations, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses.
Adobe Lightroom is the best program organizing and editing your photographs. You can work with either RAW or JPEG files. This two-session workshop offers users an excellent working understanding of the program. We’ll work using Zoom to share screens between the instructor and students. Everyone’s screen should become accessible and the instructor should be able to guide each student’s work on his or her screen.
Students will learn to use the Library module for organization. Functions such as importing, exporting, deleting, and grouping files; sorting and ranking files for quality; and attaching keywords for easy retrieval will be covered. Participants will be able to set up a checklist of tasks as files are imported and managed. In the Develop module, users process files to improve their tone, color, and fine detail. You’ll be impressed with how much better your files can look. Edits can be made globally or selectively with intuitive tools. The instructor demonstrates a clear step-by-step workflow and provides detailed notes.
Students may work on a Mac or PC computer with Lightroom 6 or Lightroom Classic (not Lightroom) installed. A free 7 day trial of the software is available from Adobe. The class will be totally hands on and in detail with a mix of the instructor's screen for demonstrations and student screens for confirmation and questions. To help with the online interaction, the class size is limited to 6 participants.
- The instructor is Eliot Cohen.
- 2 sessions, 4 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- Once registered, patrons will receive two emails: one is an automatic email confirmation and the second will include a link to the Zoom meeting as a follow-up (usually given within 24 hours of registration).
- NOTE: If you do not receive your follow-up email from Zoom, please email Customer Service for assistance.
GETTING STARTED WITH ZOOM
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.