NOTE: Registration will close for this program at 3 p.m. ET on Friday, November 4, 2022.
This year, send friends and family bespoke holiday cards. From the decorated envelope to the personalized sentiment, each handmade card will become a keepsake that lasts long after the season ends.
Paper crafter Karen Cadogan shares tips and demonstrates techniques for creating simply elegant, unique cards. Topics include card construction, sentiments, foreground, background, and statement embellishments. Beginners and experienced card makers are welcome.
Most supplies are provided (a supply fee of $40 is included in the workshop fee) including a generous assortment of premium cardstock paper, stamps, stamp block, inkpads, gems, envelopes, and other embellishments to craft at least 20 holiday cards. Supplies will be mailed to the address on file one week prior to the beginning of class. If you need your supplies mailed to a different address, please email us at Associates-StudioArts@si.edu. Please order at least one week prior to the class date to allow ample time for delivery.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Karen Cadogan.
- One 3-hour session
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- All Studio Arts classes require a ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student listed on the roster.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for online programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our online programs presented on Zoom.