Save up to 15% on the price of your tickets!
It's easy... Become a member today! If you are already a member, log in to get your member rate.
Fabric Printing Using Natural Materials
Studio Arts Workshop
Sunday, November 8, 2020 – 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. ET
$65 - Non-Member
STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- For multiple registrations, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses.
Vines, leaves, and vegetables provide the basis for creating wonderful, evocative prints on fabric. Using colorful Akua water-based printmaking ink, experiment with hand-printing on fabrics using seasonal natural materials.
Participants first practice their printmaking techniques on muslin, and later use a cotton or cotton-blend solid white (or light-colored) shirt, and print on that as well. The inks used can be heat-set with an iron and washed, so the technique can be applied to other fabrics including silk, linen, and batik prints to make clothing, table runners, or fabric for quilts.
Download the supply list for this class
- The instructor is Sue Fierston.
- One 3-hour session
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
UPDATED PATRON INFORMATION
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.