Learn the fundamentals of drawing the human body, starting with an exploration of the skeleton and planes of motion. Then review gesture drawing and musculature from head to toe. Subsequent weeks focus on body segments and key anatomical features. The use of virtual anatomy software, a digital figure drawing site, and a variety of props allow students to discover how to convey motion. Other topics include how to accurately identify the body’s curves and lines; foreshortening; and drawing a figure in space from different viewer angles. Previous drawing experience is required.
Special Program Information
- The instructor is Trisha Gupta.
- This program includes 6 sessions, 2.5 hours each.
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction online.
- All Studio Arts programs require an online ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student registered for the online program.
- This program will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- Please refer to the "Materials for this program" section for any applicable supply list information and/or special documents for this program.
- View Common FAQs and Policies about our Online Programs on Zoom.