Learn the fundamentals of drawing the human body, starting with an exploration of the skeleton and planes of motion. Then, review gesture drawing and musculature from head to toe. Subsequent weeks focus on body segments and key anatomical features. The use of virtual anatomy software, a digital figure drawing site, and a variety of props allow students to discover how to convey motion. Other topics include how to accurately identify the body’s curves and lines; foreshortening; and drawing a figure in space from different viewer angles. Previous drawing experience is required.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Trisha Gupta.
- 6 sessions, 2.5 hours each (no class Nov. 24)
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.