Tiffany glass from the Neustadt Collection
Save when you purchase the Lunchtime with a Curator winter series!
Join curator Elizabeth Lay, a regular lecturer on the topics of fashion, textiles, and American furniture, for an image-rich lunchtime lecture series focusing on decorative arts and design topics.
Tiffany Glass from the Neustadt Collection
Take a behind-the-scenes look at works by Louis C. Tiffany and his studios in the preeminent Neustadt Collection in Queens, New York. Founded by early Tiffany collector Dr. Egon Neustadt, this extraordinary assemblage encompasses Tiffany’s celebrated lamps, windows, metalwork, and rare archival materials. The collection also boasts a one-of-a-kind Tiffany glass archive that includes more than a quarter of a million pieces of original Tiffany flat glass and glass “jewels.” Lindsy Parrott, executive director and curator of the Neustadt Collection, shares highlights of the holdings and discusses new avenues of Tiffany scholarship, such as the personal histories and professional contributions of the designers and artisans essential to his success. She also previews her traveling exhibition Tiffany or Tiphony? The Art of Connoisseurship, which considers lamp forgeries alongside authentic examples to help visitors develop and hone connoisseurship skills.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.