This event is no longer on sale. Tickets will NOT be available at the door.
Asian elephant, Spike (Smithsonian’s National Zoo)
PLEASE NOTE: Event registration closes Wed., Sept. 19 at 5 p.m. Maximum limit of 6 tickets per household.
Come and join us for this highly popular annual event. This ticket option includes VIP access at the Mane Grill across from Lion and Tiger Hill from 8 to 9 a.m. available to Advocate members and above only.
Help us welcome Spike, the 13,000-pound, 36 year-old Asian elephant that traveled 900 miles to come to the National Zoo. After enjoying your upgraded breakfast buffet at the Mane Grill, take advantage of special activities available in the VIP area. Then, meet some of the animals and their keepers, and walk over to Lion and Tiger Hill where additional hands-on crafts and fun activities in the Kids Corner and a music performance add to the morning. Be sure to stop at the Elephant Trails exhibit to say “hi” to Spike.
- This special event is open only to Smithsonian Associates members and their guests.
- Pricing: Members and guests: $25 per person; children 12 and under $15; children age 4 and under admitted free.
- VIP access includes covered seating, an upgraded breakfast buffet, and other activities at the Mane Grill across from Lion and Tiger Hill.
- Registration closes Wed., Sept. 19 at 5 p.m.
- Tickets are not available at the event.
- Seating: When not seated at the Mane Grill, guests are welcome to bring their own blankets and folding chairs to use on Lion and Tiger Hill.
- Parking: Use vehicle entrance in the 3000 block of Connecticut Ave NW. Lots D and E are closest to Lion and Tiger Hill. Please note there is a $25 parking fee.
- Pedestrians: Take the Red line to the Cleveland Park or Woodley Park/Zoo Metrorail stop. Enter the zoo in the 3000 block of Connecticut Ave NW.
Interested in other VIP time slots? Space is limited and assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. The options are: 8 to 9 a.m.; 9 to 10 a.m.; or 10 to 11 a.m. If you are a Promoter member or below, an introductory level member ticket option is available, but will not include VIP access.
National Zoological Park
Lion and Tiger Hill
3001 Connecticut Ave NW
Metro: Cleveland Park or Woodley Park/Zoo