This program will be available for sale to the general public starting on December 7, 2021.
Want to purchase your tickets before then? Become a member today, or if you are already a member, log in to purchase your tickets.
101 Ways to Make a Mark
Evening Studio Arts Workshop
Thursday, January 27, 2022 - 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET
$45 - Member
$55 - Non-Member
At a very young age we began making marks on paper (or a wall, the preferred surface for precocious rebels). In time, most of us forget how satisfying scribbling actually can be. Beginning with some basic exploration, this class reminds students of fun techniques they haven’t thought of for a long time. Mark making explorations are great as warm-up exercises. They can also be used as collage materials, as references for future projects, or as offbeat postcards to share with friends.
Although the 101-mark milestone might not be met, the workshop provides food for future thought about what students can mark up next.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Lorrie Abdo.
- One 2-hour session
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- All Studio Arts classes require a ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student listed on the roster.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.