1000 Jefferson Drive, SW
The Smithsonian's first building, popularly known as the
Castle, houses the Institution’s administrative offices
and the Smithsonian Information Center.
- Smithsonian station, Blue/Orange/Silver Lines
- Exit on the Mall.
- Walk south to Jefferson Drive and east to the S. Dillon Ripley Center.
- The Castle has entrances on the Jefferson Drive side and from the garden in the back.
- Metered parking spaces may be available on Jefferson Drive on the Mall.
- Jefferson Drive is one-way from west to east.