La Grande Fete
Closing celebration of the 2019 DC Francophonie Cultural Festival
In partnership with Francophonie DC and La Maison Francaise at the French Embassy
Friday, March 29, 2019, 7–11 p.m.
La Maison Francaise at the Embassy of France, 4101 Reservoir Road, Washington, DC
IDs will be checked at the door. Those under 21 will not be served alcohol.
Get ready for a spectacular party with a French accent. The annual Francophonie Cultural Festival spotlights the music, art, literature, film, cuisine, and customs of French-speaking countries and regions from across the globe. Its closing celebration, La Grande Fete, is always magnifique, and this year’s bash is no exception.
Beginning at 7 p.m., launch into a world tour of francophone cultures. Sample food and drink from more than 20 embassies as you explore each nation’s unique attractions and traditions.
Participating countries/organizations include Alliance Francaise de Washington, Armenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burundi, Bulgaria, Canada, Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, France, Gabon, Georgia, Guinee, Haiti, Madagascar, Morocco, Niger, Quebec, Romania, Switzerland and Togo.
Guinean singer/songwriter Natu Camara performs live with an energy that keeps you on your feet. Natu’s dynamic and mesmerizing voice is a fusion of soul, Afro-Rock, folk, and pop. Combined with unique and joyful stage presence, she is sure to make for a memorable addition to this year’s La Grande Fete. Les the DJ will spin music from Africa, the Caribbean, Europe, and plenty of destinations in between. Don’t miss this chance to experience the best of the French-speaking world—all without leaving home.
For Embassy security purposes, all guests’ names must be provided at the time of registration. The name on your confirmation should match the name on your ID. If you wish to give your ticket away to someone else, please access your registration information and update the ticket holder’s name and email address at any time. No guests will be allowed entry if their names have not been submitted in advance.
- Tickets must be purchased in advance (no sales at the door).
- Tickets include admission and food and drink samples from 7 to 9 p.m.; a cash/credit bar provided by TBD is open throughout the night.
- IDs are checked at the door. Those under 21 will not be served alcohol.
- No backpacks or bike helmets are allowed.
- La Maison Francaise does not offer on-site parking. Limited street parking is available on Reservoir Road.
- If you are looking for public transit options, the Metrobus D5 and D6 routes have stops near the event’s location.
- For more information about this year’s Francophonie Cultural Festival, visit francophonie-dc.org.