STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
Therapeutic yoga provides a particular lens through which we can see the world and ourselves, offering a variety of techniques to increase our awareness of challenges with a healthy perspective that can create clarity and relieve tension during times of difficulty and transition.
Through inquiry and personal observation, physical movement, breathwork and meditation, yoga practices can inspire physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing. Many practitioners report improvements in their relationships with others as they learn how to be more understanding and accepting of their own inner lives. They also find improvements in cognition and memory, feeling sharper intellectually with better memory.
Dedicate three midday breaks to learning with Linda Lang, a certified yoga therapist, as she weaves together yogic practices and shares the keys for embracing change with wisdom and grace, strength, and resilience. The program also offers the chance to hear from local members of the medical community who endorse and use yoga as a course of prevention and as a healing partner in modern medicine, offering an understanding of why yoga is sometimes called “lifestyle medicine.”
Oct 28 Reducing Stress and Building Resilience
Lang leads an interactive presentation on best practices for reducing stress, releasing tension, and maintaining strength during times of personal, professional, and cultural change.
Oct 29 Breathwork and Techniques
A series of demonstrations on specific techniques that can bring relief from chronic confusion and pain. Learn how yoga can be a pathway to mental clarity, preventing cognitive decline, and inspiring brain longevity.
Oct 30 Yoga as a Therapeutic Partner in Integrative Medicine
Integrative medicine is a model of healthcare that combines conventional medicine with an examination of all aspects of lifestyle and a focus on healing. Lang provides an overview of its holistic approach and its benefits.
UPDATED PATRON INFORMATION
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.