Ile-de-la-Citè seen from the Pont des Arts
Save when you purchase the Virtual Paris series!
The storyline of Paris can be followed along the banks of its iconic River Seine. Whether on the Right Bank or Left, evidence of the city's 2,000-year history, the figures who shaped it across the centuries, and the artistic and architectural movements that originated here can be seen.
Journey with freelance travel writer Barbara Noe Kennedy as you discover Paris, including the most intriguing sites, historical aspects, and art in this virtual exploration using maps, photos, videos, and other visuals.
Kennedy, a freelance travel writer and editor, is a former senior editor at National Geographic Travel Publishing. She served as an expert on National Geographic Expeditions tours to Italy and France.
The Right Bank
Begin where the city itself started—on Ile-de-la-Cité, the Roman fortress where Clovis I established his palace. Take in the Gothic masterpiece Sainte-Chapelle with its stunning collection of 13th-century stained glass before discovering the tucked-away Place Dauphine, a tranquil square in the heart of the city. Get an update on the restoration of Notre-Dame after the cathedral’s devastating 2019 fire before hopping over to the Right Bank to explore its host of fascinating sites including the Louvre, the Jardins des Tuileries, and the trendy Marais district.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.