STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
Who hasn’t dreamed of glancing across a dry African savannah or standing beneath a jungle canopy, hoping to get a fleeting glimpse of a wild creature we’ve only seen in a zoo?
For more than 30 years, wilderness guide and wildlife photographer Russell Gammon has been helping to fulfill such dreams, planning and leading private and small group safaris to some of Africa’s most iconic destinations. Follow Gammon on a virtual safari through four of his favorite places on the continent. Stop first at Serengeti National Park to follow the greatest large-mammal migration as a megaherd of wildebeest and zebra chase the rains across endless grasslands. Experience the unforgettable sight of the largest population of African elephants on Earth in Botswana’s Okavango delta. Be dazzled by the wild and unique inhabitants on the island of Madagascar, known as Africa’s Galapagos. And visit Gammon’s favorite, the little-known Mana Pools in Zimbabwe. Nestled in the heart of the Lower Zambezi Valley, it is one of Africa’s last true wilderness areas, where the Zambezi River meanders through a paradise that is home to large wildlife populations, including elephants, hippos, and crocodiles.
After this unforgettable journey, just imagine what dreams you’ll have.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.