This class covers all the techniques you need to illustrate common birds. Students use colored pencils and watercolors to depict birds in a natural state. Studying reference photos, learn ways to communicate the delicate nature of feathers, glossy eyes, and unique wings and feet of these magical creatures. Discuss materials and how to use them effectively while observing the anatomy of birds to aid in creating representations.
Instructor Lori VanKirk Schue is an accomplished animal artist and a member of the Audubon Society and International Animal Artists. Her work has been featured in The Artist Life and the Colored Pencil Society of America publications.
Special Program Information
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction online.
- All Studio Arts programs require an online ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student registered for the online program.
- This program will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- Please refer to the "Materials for this program" section for any applicable supply list information and/or special documents for this program.
- View Common FAQs and Policies about our Online Programs on Zoom.