Recent findings in neuroscience reveal how our visual system informs and interprets the visible world for us. Through lecture and hands-on exercises, learn about neuroscientific concepts such as peak shift (how the brain responds to exaggerated stimuli) and laws of grouping (how the brain organizes visual elements into groups). As students mesh these new findings on visual perception with familiar elements of art such as value, shape, and color, their paintings take on fresh creative edges.
Special Program Information
- The instructor is Chester Kasnowski.
- This program includes 2 sessions, 1.5 hours each.
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction online.
- All Studio Arts programs require an online ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student registered for the online program.
- This program will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- Please refer to the "Materials for this program" section for any applicable supply list information and/or special documents for this program.
- View Common FAQs and Policies about our Online Programs on Zoom.