Please Note: This program has an updated date (originally March 11, 2023).
This comprehensive workshop covers the key knowledge and techniques needed to create unique fine mosaic jewelry. Learn about topics including jewelry-base selection, adhesive choice, and suitable tesserae, and get experience in the skills of precision cutting, artistic laying techniques, and working on a small scale. The instructor provides lots of great tips and individual attention as you create beautiful silver-plate mosaic pendants using mosaic gold, smalti, semiprecious stones, millefiori, and more.
The instructor has prepared kits that include more than enough materials for you to construct 2 mosaic pendants. Included in kit is an excellent selection of small-scale mosaic materials. The downloadable supplemental supply list details what will be included in your supply kit as well as student provided recommended tools and materials. Mosaic experience is helpful, but not required; all skill levels are welcome.
Supply kits must be purchased from the instructor ($75) at the start of the class. See the supply List for what is included and additional items to bring.
Special Program Information
- The instructor is Bonnie Fitzgerald.
- This program includes one 6-hour session.
- NOTE: Registration will close for this program at 3 p.m. ET on Friday, March 31, 2023.
- This studio arts program is in person and will not be recorded.
- Please refer to the "Materials for this program" section for any applicable supply list information and/or special documents for this program.
- Please note our Health and Safety guidance for this in-person program.
- View Common FAQs about our Studio Arts programs.