STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- For multiple registrations, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses.
Who would you be, if you hadn’t turned out to be the person you are right now? That question drives the story of Jodi Picoult’s newest novel The Book of Two Ways.
After surviving a plane crash, Dawn Edelstein finds herself faced with an unexpected choice. Should she return to Boston and her husband, family, and work helping dying people navigate the end of their lives? Or to the man who flashed into her mind at the moment it seemed she was about to die—an archaeologist she last saw 15 years ago in Egypt?
As the story unfolds, Dawn’s two possible futures unspool side by side, as do buried secrets and doubts. She must confront questions she’s never asked: What does a life well-lived look like? When we leave this earth, what do we leave behind? Do we make choices, or do our choices make us?
Join Picoult, in conversation with New York Times bestselling author Jasmine Guillory, as she discusses the book and her writing process. Picoult is known for her meticulously researched storylines, and she spent several weeks in Egypt learning from one of the foremost American Egyptologists, exploring ancient sites that inspired the fictional archeological dig in the novel.
The ticket price includes a copy of The Book of Two Ways (Ballantine Books). (see Book Distribution Information for added details).
Book Distribution Information
The featured book is included with the ticket price. Books will be shipped by Politics and Prose to your home address, so please review the accuracy of your name and address at the time of registration. The Book of Two Ways will be released on September 22. Please allow 2-4 weeks for book delivery.
If you do not want your personal information shared with the distributor, please email CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org. Opting out from receiving the book does not reduce the registration fee.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.