Top to bottom: Great Horned Owl; Mark H.X. Glenshaw
Save when you purchase the Great Horned Owls series!
Did you know that there is a top-of-the-food-chain predator likely living in your neighborhood? This animal moves silently at speeds of 20 to 40 miles per hour and eats animals twice its size. Not a bear or mountain lion or coyote, it is a Great Horned Owl, found in every state except Hawaii and in almost every habitat you can imagine.
In a series of talks rich in audio clips, photos, and video, award-winning naturalist Mark H.X. Glenshaw returns with another in-depth study of the magnificent Great Horned Owl. Glenshaw began closely observing and documenting the lives of these creatures in the Forest Park section of St. Louis 15 years ago—and the fascination continues.
A Certified Interpretive Guide, a certified Missouri Master Naturalist, and also known as the “Owl Man,” Glenshaw received the Citizen Scientist Award from the Academy of Science of St. Louis in 2006.
Hunting and Feeding
Hunting perches; predatory attempts; feeding themselves and their owlets.
If you are interested in additional Great Horned Owls sessions, see below:
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.