Save when you purchase a trio of our Top Sommelier's Guide talks between May and July 2021!
REGISTRATION ADVISORY: Please read through the complete program description before registering. This program includes a wine tasting kit as part of its ticket price that must be picked up from a local Washington, DC wine bar.
Spend a fascinating Friday evening expanding your knowledge of the world of wine as you sip along with sommelier Erik Segelbaum. This immersive program includes a curated personal tasting kit to enhance the experience.
Chardonnay and Pinot Noir are among the most well-loved yet most misunderstood grapes on the planet. Their ability to express terroir or sense of place leads to a multitude of styles across the globe. In this deep dive, explore wines from three benchmark appellations for Chardonnay and Pinot Noir respectively. Learn about the varietal signatures of each grape and how their flavor profiles change from the old world to the new.
Wine Tasting Kit
- The cost includes a curated personal tasting kit with enough wine for one person to sample the full lineup of wines.
- Additional participants must register individually to receive their own tasting kit, which is an essential component of the workshop.
- Kits are available during two scheduled pick-up times on Thursday, June 3 and Friday, June 4 from 12–4 p.m. at The Eastern wine bar in the Capitol Hill neighborhood (360 7th Street SE; Metro: Eastern Market, Orange, Silver and Blue Lines).
- Pick-ups are contactless, with all appropriate health, safety, and social distancing precautions. Due to state and federal laws, wine kits may not be shipped.
- NOTE: Patrons will receive additional wine tasting kit pick-up information by email prior to the program.
About Erik Segelbaum
Erik Segelbaum is a Wine Enthusiast 40 Under 40 Tastemaker for 2020 and Food & Wine magazine’s 2019 Sommelier of the Year. He holds the designation of Advanced Sommelier through the Court of Master Sommeliers, one of fewer than 600 specialists in the world who hold this level of certification. Segelbaum is the former corporate wine and beverage director for Starr Restaurants, a wine journalist and educator, and chief vinnovation officer of SOMLYAY hospitality and private events consultancy.
- Sales will cut off for this program by Friday, June 4 at 9:00 a.m. ET.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.