REGISTRATION ADVISORY: Please read through the complete program description before registering. This program includes a wine tasting kit as part of its ticket price that must be picked up from a local Washington, DC wine bar.
Spend a fascinating evening expanding your knowledge of wine as you travel the world with sommelier Erik Segelbaum in a series of delectable wine-tasting adventures. The immersive program includes a curated personal tasting kit to enhance the experience.
France captivates the hearts, minds, and palates of any wine lover. Despite being one of the largest providers of imported wine to the U.S., American consumption of French wine is largely limited to 4 or 5 major appellations. Erik Segelbaum guides you through a tour de force presentation of some of the most incredible yet lesser-known wines and regions of France. On this off-the beaten-path journey you’re sure to discover some of the most exciting wines France produces. If you've ever wanted to drink like a French sommelier, this is the session for you!
Wine Tasting Kit Information
- The cost includes a curated personal tasting kit with enough wine for one person to sample the full lineup of wines.
- Additional participants must register individually to receive their own tasting kit, which is an essential component of the workshop.
- Kits are available during two scheduled pick-up times the day before the program and the day of the program, 12–4 p.m., at The Eastern wine bar in the Capital Hill neighborhood (360 7th St SE; Metro: Eastern Market along the Orange, Silver and Blue Lines).
- Pick-ups are contactless, with all appropriate health, safety, and social distancing precautions. Due to state and federal laws, wine kits may not be shipped.
- NOTE: Patrons will receive additional wine tasting kit pick-up information by email prior to the program.
About Erik Segelbaum
Erik Segelbaum is a Wine Enthusiast 40 Under 40 Tastemaker for 2020 and Food & Wine magazine’s 2019 Sommelier of the Year. He holds the designation of Advanced Sommelier through the Court of Master Sommeliers, one of fewer than 600 specialists in the world who hold this level of certification. Segelbaum is the former corporate wine and beverage director for Starr Restaurants, a wine journalist and educator, and chief vinnovation officer of SOMLYAY hospitality and private events consultancy.
Additional Fall Wine Adventures Programs
- Sales will cut off for this program by Friday, December 16 at 9:00 a.m. ET.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our online programs presented on Zoom.