Carly Knowles and Michael Roizen (Cleveland Clinic Center For Medical Art and Photography)
STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
Food not only sustains us, but gives us comfort and joy, brings us together, and has a huge impact on our health and wellbeing. Healthy food can give us energy, improve our mood, prevent illness, and do much to keep our bodies functioning optimally.
Carly Knowles, a registered dietitian nutritionist, has always loved cooking, but it wasn’t until she lived in a rural village in Peru that she saw just how big an impact food and nutrition can have on our health. It was an insight that made her realize that food truly is medicine and set her on a path to her current profession.
Join her in conversation with physician Michael Roizen, chief wellness officer emeritus at the Cleveland Clinic, as they discuss a science-based approach to support optimal health and wellness through everyday meals. Learn the benefits of eating whole foods, how to understand intuitive and seasonal changes in nature, the difference between pickled and fermented foods, and other useful nutritional guidelines.
Information on how to purchase Knowles’ new book The Nutritionist Kitchen (Roost Books) as well as Roizen’s recent The What to Eat When Cookbook (National Geographic) is provided at the program.
Book Sale Information
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.